We had a running joke in college (I went to Ohio University in Southern Ohio) that when you introduced yourself, if you were anywhere north of Columbus you were "from Cleveland". :) It's so true -- Northeast Ohio has tons of different suburbs and communities which make up its unique identity. Whether you live in one of its suburbs, such as Medina, Strongsville, or Parma, or you live in the heart of Cleveland in Ohio City, Tremont, or University Circle, the Cleveland area is truly a gem to be loved! As a Cleveland wedding photographer, I have the wonderful opportunity to discover new places all the time, and I just had to share some of my favorites with you!
1. Cleveland Metroparks Emerald Necklace, Hinckley, Ohio - Sunrises, sunsets, (and honestly, pretty much any time in between), you can find so much beauty here. Growing up, this was a place I loved immediately, a place that became such a pivotal place and marker for where I called "home". Surrounding the water, it shines in any season and is definitely a top pick for me.
2. Crocker Park, Westlake, Ohio, at night - Besides the fabulous shopping at Crocker (hello, Anthropologie :D), it's hard to resist the twinkly lights Crocker Park displays at any point in the year. So if you're looking for winter wonderland or summer breezes, this is your very sparkly, very beautiful setting!
3. Whipps Ledges AKA Worden's Ledges, Hinckley, Ohio - Ok, I know I have two Hinckley spots on this list (I'm a little biased since I grew up here!), but I promise you it's worth it! Whipps Ledges is one of those places that will make you immediately gasp in awe. The sandstone rock ledges were created over 250 million years ago from a glacier and make such a beautiful backdrop for your wedding day.
4. Museum of Contemporary Art Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio - I can't tell you enough how much I love this place! Since the building's new re-design in 2012, it has gotten so many more amazing installations and artists, and the building itself is a work of art. So whether you are going in for some photos or just want a beautiful, mirror-inspired look outside, you win every single time with MOCA Cleveland.
5. And last but not least, I am a huge fan of the Gordon Square Arts District, Cleveland, Ohio - One of the most up and coming areas in the Cleveland, Ohio area is the Gordon Square Arts District AKA an artist's delight! From the beautiful store fronts filled with artwork and culture to the many theaters that make up this vibrant area, it's the perfect place if you are looking for an eclectic backdrop for your photos.